LINK Recruiting Group, a specialized search and placement firm, is seeking an AP Specialist for our client in Denver, CO. In the long-running competition for profits in the oil and gas industry, our client is keeping up a steady pace. The company explores for and produces oil and gas in the US and overseas. This is an excellent opportunity to get with a busy and stable O&G company. Applicants MUST have O&G experience.
POSITION SUMMARY: The AP Specialist will be responsible for daily entry of various types of invoices to be paid in a timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for understanding AP policies and procedures.
• Responsible for invoice printing, prepping, and batching.
• Responsible for IExpense audit and processing.
• Responsible for ROW payment processing and timely recording of transactions.
• Provide audit support where needed.
• Maintains desk procedures to document the mechanics of processing the invoices for payment.
• May also be responsible for the following duties:
• Year-end 1099 processing
• Vendor statement analysis and balance reconciliation
• Resolution of internal and external inquiries
• Issue resolution utilizing queries and reports.
• Obtains information from internal and external sources to record accounting transactions in the accounting systems and GL.
• Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed, and supported in accordance with company policies and controls.
• Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of transactions.
• Ensure invoices are entered, posted, and corrected prior to month-end to ensure proper and accurate recording of liabilities.
• Resolution of PO holds on a timely basis to ensure accurate recording of liabilities for month end and timely payment to vendors.
• 3 – 5 years of AP experience within the oil and gas industry. AP experience should be in a high volume environment utilizing a system such as Oracle, JDE, SAP, Lawson, etc.
• Solid knowledge of common AP processes for different types of invoices including utilities, purchase orders, and standard non-purchase orders.
• Basic understanding of AP regulations, including those associated with 1099 reporting and employee expense reimbursement.
• Ability to work under high pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly motivated and team-oriented individual.
• Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills.
• Proficient in use of Excel and Word and have the aptitude to effectively learn company-specific accounting systems.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Flexible to work overtime during peak periods.
• The AP Specialist pay range is between $17 - $20 per hour DOE
• Comprehensive benefits package
LINK Recruiting Group is a specialized search and placement firm dedicated to cultivating long-term relationships with Accounting, Finance and Administrative professionals in multiple industries. At LINK Recruiting Group we recognize the unique dynamic in matching a candidate to a company. We devote our time to identifying our client's needs and matching them with our candidate's goals. With over 20 years of recruiting experience, we know what works: gathering the facts, managing the process and delivering results.