The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
Performs wide variety of functions related to Accounts Payable. Responsibilities include vendor invoice entry, payment processing in SAP environment and resolution of payment issues with the Vendors. The Accounts Payable Coordinator also assists in Employees Expense Processing via Concur and assists the Accounts Payable Supervisor with month-end close activities.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Reviews all Non PO invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Processes 3 way PO matching invoices for timely payments. Routes invoice for approval and processing if required.
- Communicates with inventory and purchasing departments to resolve Pricing and quantity issues for PO invoices.
- Prioritizes invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Processes check requests.
- Communicates with Vendors by phone and e-mail to resolve invoice issues.
- Processes month end accrual of unpaid regular monthly payments (rent, utilities, etc.).
- Assists with month-end closing activities – preparing journal entries.
- Assists in Internal and External audit requirements.
- Assists in Employees' Expense processing (Concur).
- Maintains files and documentation in accordance with the company document retention policy, includes filing invoices, arranges batches for scanning and prepares boxes for off-site storage.
- Shares department responsibilities of sorting and distributing incoming mail, A/P Corporate mailbox and phone lines.
- Helps with vendor set up/change in vendor information ( request w9/1099 information from new vendors).
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED and 2+ years' related experience in Accounts Payable; required.
- Prior experience in a corporate Accounts Payable department, prefered.
- Experience using SAP and Esker, a plus.
- Exceptional computer skills required (Microsoft Office including Excel & Word)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.